Halaman

Isnin, Disember 11, 2006

Blogger Beta

Blogger Beta.. I wonder what's the different from the classic Blogger.
And here you can see that's I have totally a different layout. I guess this is just a temporary layout. Its too simple but I don't have much time to design my new layout.

So, here's what I've observe from the new Blogger Beta. First of all, it has TAGS or LABELS. This is the important thing in blog because it can get your blog on the search engine. Today's search engine are looking for tags.. so, if anyone is searching for 'design' and if you have' design' tag on your blog, your blog will get the priority and ranking in term of search result. Classic Blogger don't have this features. I'm gonna put the tags in every post from now on. Yeah, its the other way to increase traffic, I guess so..

Next, the template customization. I've just changed into this existing template from the Blogger. This time, they can be customize easily and more friendly than before. If you've seen how the Friendster's Typepad blog layout customization, its just the same. Put it here, put it there, change the colour of the text here and there. Unfortunately, there's some problem here. They are using Widgets. If I'm about to customize and edit the HTML on my own, its totally different.

Its not gonna be that hard if I spend more time studying on the coding but the important thing is I need to understand the XML, am I? The new blogger also doesn't allow me to put the 'Read More' links so that my first page can become a bit shorter. I've checked out Blogger's Help and it doesn't help at all.

Guess that's all the review about the new Blogger. I love the new environment and the tags!

7 ulasan:

  1. dont know why, but i still cant change my account to beta.. hm~

    BalasPadam
  2. yea.. it took me more than 3 months b4 they (blogger) prepared my blog with the beta version..

    my sis only waited for 1 week..

    mayb u shud wait n wait..

    try http://beta.blogger.com/start to login

    BalasPadam
  3. Tanpa Nama5:39 PTG

    i luv d previous one.. 4 layout..

    BalasPadam
  4. i thing that really annoys me when surfing blogger beta is the pop up messages telling about security so and so. besides the fact that i still cannot upgrade to blogger beta, now i tend to say that i wont change to it. hm~

    BTW, i do have google account but i wont use it to build another blog. which means szakif02.blogspot.com (you'll know when you click my name) will be nothing more than a blank blog. haha~

    sebenarnye hanya nak singgah kejap je, tapi since oggix tengah problem, terpakse gak singgah kat omelan ni~ haha~

    BalasPadam
  5. Tanpa Nama12:09 PTG

    Hello Adlan,

    I just switched to new blogger but then I have no idea about the new template whatsoever.. Is the coding different or what?

    BalasPadam
  6. szakif - new account but u still can maintain the old blog. just update the layout and appearance..

    dark marqueza - yeah.. a bit difference. i dun have time to change it yet. try looking for skins or other tutorials..

    BalasPadam
  7. tak de hati pon nk tukar ke beta. cuma hati untuk diam dan tanak buat apa-apa je :(

    BalasPadam