James Bond 007: Casino Royale
Casino Royale is another Bond movies with brand new blonde Bond. I've been watching the previous Brosnan Bond movies, so I'm eager to watch this one which releases 16th November. Where on earth it released on 17th? and what am I thinking of this movie?
Here's the synopsis of the movie, taken from Tribute.ca website.
Daniel Craig stars as "007" James Bond, the smoothest, sexiest, most lethal agent on Her Majesty's Secret Service in Casino Royale. Based on the first Bond book written by Ian Fleming, the story, which has never been told on film until now, recounts the making of the world's greatest secret agent.
James Bond's first "007" mission leads him to Le Chiffre (Mads Mikkelsen), banker to the world's terrorists. In order to stop him, and bring down the terrorist network, Bond must beat Le Chiffre in a high-stakes poker game at Casino Royale. Bond is initially annoyed when a beautiful British Treasury official, Vesper Lynd (Eva Green), is assigned to deliver his stake for the game and watch over the government's money. But, as Bond and Vesper survive a series of lethal attacks by Le Chiffre and his henchmen, a mutual attraction develops leading them both into further danger and events that will shape Bond's life forever.
- Make sure you mentally prepared for 144minutes of movie, equals to 2hrs 24minutes. I thought it was less than 2 hours.
- There are lots of actions and drama in this movies. Even in the early part of this movie, the 'hook' or 'attention grabber' chasing scene is outstanding!
- In the opening montage, I'm really impressed with the combination of 2D in the 3D world. Okay, its just like the vector style with 3D environment. Its simple but unique.
- Its just the same as in the previous Bond movies where there will be one girl that will cheat on him but this time, Eva Green is totally fabulous, beautiful and sexy. She do cheated on him but deep inside she's totally in love with him. So, if you watch it, you can understand why and how.
- I'm kinda boring on the last 30 minutes part where there's no action anymore. Because they seems to live a happy life together. And suddenly, there goes the action in Venice, Italy. I keep wondering what's happen next, I mean when its gonna end?
- Poker games. From the movie title, I know its gonna be something about the gambling and casino. I thought its gonna be such a boring scene but, with good plot and cinematography, I like that part too, eventhough its was a bit slow.
- Finally about the Bond itself. Yeah. Daniel Craig is indeed has a good quality of the next 007. In this movie, its more honest where we can see the other side of the hero where he also was beaten, fall in love, poisoned and that's the honest part I think.
Lastly, I'd give this movie 5 star rating and its a must watched movie for this year.
P/S- I still prefering watching movies in cinema because I don't have the big screen and Dolby or THX sound system in my house yet! Besides, the excitement and feeling is the big thing here.