Halaman

Isnin, Oktober 25, 2004

MIFTAH at National Mosque



THE NATIONAL MOSQUE
Usually, people used to enjoy their time with friends
on weekend. Well, its Ramadhan, the noble fasting month, I had to enjoy myself
with my peeps also, but in a totally different way, instead of normal hedonistic
lifestyle, I entertain myself with some Islamic acts of devotion. I was asked by
my friend, the one who also involved in the 'illegal reunion', and he is in-law
of the president of PKPIM. It stands for Persatuan Kebajikan Pelajar Islam
Malaysia, well in english it would be Muslim Students Welfare Society of
Malaysia. MIFTAH stands for Majlis Iftar Mahabbah.

Actually, its just a program held by the Ministry of Health
in conjunction with Angkatan Belia Malaysia and PKPIM. I think its motive is to
enjoin all young smokers to quit smoking. I love the poster which tells that
'You haven't been smoking for almost a day, why don't you quit?' I guess it is
quite interesting. but its not affecting me much since I am no smoker.

Instead of anti-smoking campaign by the government, the
program also included Islamic lifestyle. Well, I went for and interesting talk by a speaker from Matriculation Centre of International Islamic University, if I not mistaken, he is Ustaz Che Majid. I heard his speech twice this time. I can give him 4 out of 5 if its for his rating of his speech. Quite enjoyable but that night I was a lil bit sleepy.

After the interesting speech, I was put in a group and then we did Tadarus. Its just reciting the holy Quran one by one in the group. After
some discussion, we have some refreshments with some kurma@tamar(dates) and soy
bean drink. But after the tadarus, I still feel the hunger. I asked my friend if
he would like to go to dine at any eaterie. Well, we go to a restaurant but I
don't know the exact location of it. But my friend inform me that it just around
the Istana (Castle). It was dark at night. And we return back to National Mosque
by 2a.m.

But I think it was hard to sleep. However I managed to sleep because in order to Qiamulail, I have to sleep at least for a second, it just the basic requirement. In qiamulail, i just perform prayers like tahajud, taubat, hajat and witir.Its not much time for tasbih because we have to sahur or eat before the dawn.

After sahur and subuh prayer, I listen to another talk by the imam and soon after that, i return back to my home sweet home.


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan